Top these cakes with a wild herb cheese spread and edible wildflowers and serve with soup or salad.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6–8
¾ cup sour cream or milk
2 eggs, beaten
1½ cups cornmeal or flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1¼ cups wild greens, chopped
3 green onions or wild onions, chopped
1 chili or cayenne pepper, chopped
1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Combine sour cream or milk with eggs in large mixing bowl.
2. Add cornmeal and baking powder.
3. Fold in greens, onions, peppers, and cheese.
4. Drop by spoonfuls onto hot, oiled griddle or frying pan.
5. Fry 5–10 minutes on each side or until golden brown.