Berry Cream Puffs
So yummy! They melt in your mouth.
INGREDIENTS | MAKES 24
1 cup berries (blueberries, serviceberries, blackberries, mulberries)
¼ cup sugar
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
24 wonton wrappers
Oil or butter for frying
1. Place berries in a saucepan with just enough water to get the juices flowing. Add sugar and cook on medium heat for 10–15 minutes, mashing the berries while cooking.
2. Remove from heat and mix wild berry mixture with cream cheese in a medium-size bowl.
3. Place 1 tablespoon berry mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper and fold edges around the mixture, moistening the edges of the wrapper with water so they will stick.
4. Fry in oil or butter 5–10 minutes, or until brown on each side.
5. Cool 5–10 minutes before serving.