Rock Tripe Crackers
Try these with friends for a dinner party served with a wild fruit jam or preserves.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 10–12
¾ cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup nut flour
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, ground
1 teaspoon salt
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ cup rock tripe, ground
¼ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon butter, melted
½ cup ice water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
3. Stir in sour cream and melted butter.
4. Add the ice water and knead lightly.
5. Roll to one-eighth-inch thickness on a floured surface. Add more flour as needed to prevent the dough from sticking. Cut to desired shape and size.
6. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and prick tops with a fork.
7. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.