Cranberry Nut Bread
Just the bread to serve with cheese spreads for the holidays.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 8–10
2 tablespoons vegetable oil or butter, softened
¾ cup honey
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 cup wild cranberries, chopped (if available)
1 cup hickory nuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cream butter or vegetable oil with honey. Add eggs.
3. Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
4. Stir in wild cranberries and nuts.
5. Spoon into greased loaf pan.
6. Bake 40–45 minutes, until done.