Beef and Bean Enchiladas
Enchiladas are spicy and rich, with a wonderful combination of flavors. You can make this casserole ahead of time and refrigerate, baking it for 10–15 minutes longer.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 8
- 1 pound lean gluten-free ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Taco Seasoning Mix
- ½ cup tomato juice
- 1 (8-ounce) can gluten-free tomato sauce
- ¼ cup gluten-free tomato paste
- 1 cup dairy-free vegan sour cream
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 2 cups shredded dairy-free, vegan Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (15-ounce) can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 cup shredded dairy-free, vegan Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375ºF. In large skillet, cook ground beef with onion and garlic until beef is browned, stirring to break up meat.
Drain well, then stir in Seasoning Mix, tomato juice, tomato sauce, and tomato paste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce bubbles and thickens, about 10 minutes.
In small bowl, combine sour cream, chilies, and 1 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese; mix well.
Spread ½ cup of meat sauce in bottom of 13″ × 9″ glass baking dish. Arrange tortillas on work surface. Divide refried beans among the tortillas, then top with a spoonful of meat sauce and a spoonful of sour cream mixture.
Roll up and place, seam-side down, in prepared dish. Pour remaining meat sauce over all, then top with remaining Monterey Jack cheese and Cheddar cheese.
Bake 30–40 minutes, or until casserole is bubbling and cheese melts and begins to brown.
Fat: 22.93 grams
Saturated Fat: 8.81 grams
Carbohydrates: 33.44 grams
Sodium: 920.33 mg