1. You are not alone. Thousands of couples go through this every year.
2. Choose the clinic you go to very carefully.
3. Never hesitate to get a second opinion.
4. Do anything you can to help reduce your stress — get regular massages, try acupuncture, or make extra time for yourself during the day.
5. Keep working on your marriage and intimate life. Fertility treatment can be a real drain on spontaneity and intimacy.
6. Keep your weight at a healthy level.
7. Make sure to take a prenatal vitamin every day and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to ensure that you are getting all of the nutrients you need.
8. Get extra support if you need it. This includes individual and marital counseling if necessary.
9. Stop smoking and drinking and be more mindful of your caffeine intake.
10. Read up on the workings of your body. Possessing a basic understanding can help you have a more meaningful discussion with your doctor.