1. Enjoy lunch with moving scenery onboard the Napa Valley Wine Train.
2. Come face-to-face with sharks, eels, and stingrays at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
3. Chow down at the World's Largest Salmon Barbecue on the Mendocino Coast.
4. Look for the more than 1,000 species of plants and animals that live in Redwood National Park.
5. Join the 30,000 or so Bard fans with beach blankets and picnic baskets at the annual Shakespeare at Sand Harbor Festival on Lake Tahoe's East Shore.
6. Let your hair blow in the wind in a rented convertible along the Pacific Coast Highway.
7. Take a beginner's rock-climbing class at Yosemite National Park.
8. Pan for gold nuggets and rich memories in the American River.
9. Take a free walk full of stunning scenery across San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge.
10. Hoot and holler at a Sacramento Valley three-day rodeo, the largest in the United States.