Exquisite on a cold December morning with a good cup of coffee!
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 cups apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
To make the topping: In a medium bowl, use a pastry blender or 2 knives and mix together brown sugar, flour, and butter until coarse crumbs form.
For the filling: Preheat oven to 375°F.
Grease a 9" pie pan.
Place apples in prepared pan.
Mix together sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and water. Toss apples with sugar mixture.
Sprinkle topping over filling.
Cook until top is golden brown and crispy, approximately 30 minutes.