1. No one can rock out like a drummer.
2. Schlepping your gear from gig to gig is cheaper than a membership to a gym, and it is an even better workout.
3. Percussion is a vital element of every musical style — from rock and blues to R & B to Caribbean.
4. Good drumming has always been the hallmark of hit songs.
5. You have always had great rhythm and musical interest, and now you want to put it to some good use.
6. Drumming will sharpen your concentration and hone your listening skills.
7. You don't need a Ph.D. in music theory to play the drums.
8. Drumming relieves stress and allows you to explore creative expression.
9. Practicing the drums will help you to develop your sense of time and reflexes.
10. Drummers are the heartbeat of any band.