1. Train your eye, mind, and hand by drawing the people and things around you.
2. Draw with energy and confidence.
3. Learn to draw realistically—and it will empower you to draw creatively.
4. Keep an open mind and try using your materials in different ways.
5. Learn from other artists, visit galleries, and learn all you can about art history.
6. There are no rules in drawing—the choice of materials and techniques is up to you.
7. Don't be discouraged by thoughtless criticism or differing taste.
8. Value constructive suggestions that can help you improve.
9. Regular practice is a sure-fire way to improve your drawing ability.
10. Remember that drawing is a learned skill, not a natural talent.