Chicken Fruit Salad
Asian sesame oil derives its dark amber color and nutty flavor from hulled sesame seeds, toasted prior to pressing. It has a strong flavor, so use a gentle hand.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 3 cups diced roasted chicken breast
- ½ cup finely diced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (the white and part of the green)
- 1 firm apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup seedless grapes, cut in half
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange-juice concentrate, thawed (as tolerated)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar (as tolerated)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
Add chicken, celery, green onion, apple, dried cherries, grapes, and walnuts to large serving bowl and toss.
Combine dressing ingredients in small jar with tight-fitting lid. Shake well to blend.
Spoon dressing over chicken mixture and toss together.
You can serve this salad immediately, or you can cover the salad, chill in the refrigerator, and serve the next day.