Western Caesar Salad
One serving of this recipe equals 50 percent of your vitamin A for the day.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 1 (10-ounce) package Caesar salad kit
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken breast
- 1 (14–16 ounce) can low-sodium kidney beans, chick peas, or pinto beans, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can low-sodium whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Mix all ingredients together and top with dressing from salad kit.
If you are not sensitive to spices, add the cayenne pepper to dressing before serving.