Cranberry Spinach Salad
Limit or change the cheese if you are sensitive to it. The nice thing about using blue cheese is that a little goes a long way.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 1 pound spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- ¾ cup pine nuts (toasted at 350°F for 10 minutes)
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 6 ounces of Craisins
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 container of blue or Gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
In a large bowl, combine the spinach with the toasted pine nuts and cranberries.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, cheese, sugar, paprika, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar, and olive oil.
Toss dressing with spinach mixture just before serving.