Tortellini, White Bean, and Veggie Soup
For extra flavor, serve this soup in warm bread bowls.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (16-ounce) can navy beans, drained
- 2 cups fresh vegetable broth or 1 (14-ounce) can low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can no-salt-added tomato paste
- ½ cup carrots, fresh or frozen
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- ½ cup canned or frozen corn
- 1 (9-ounce) package uncooked fresh cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan or Romano cheese
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add red bell pepper and Italian seasoning and sauté 5 minutes, or until pepper is tender.
Add spinach, water, navy beans, vegetable broth, tomato paste, carrots, and artichokes, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add corn and tortellini and cook until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese.