Smoked Mussels and Pasta
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 1⅓ cups uncooked pasta (to yield 2 cups cooked pasta)
- ½ cup chopped leek
- 4 ounces smoked mussels, drained of all excess oil
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup nonfat cottage cheese
- ⅛ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
In covered microwave-safe bowl, microwave leek on high 2–3 minutes, or until limp and translucent. Add mussels and cayenne pepper; stir. Cover and microwave on high 30 seconds to heat mussels.
In blender, combine oregano, cottage cheese, yogurt, and Parmesan cheese; process until smooth.
Combine cottage cheese and mussel mixtures; microwave on high until warm, about 30 seconds.
Toss pasta with olive oil; stir in mussel mixture.
Divide into 4 portions and serve immediately, topped with cracked pepper.
PER SERVING: Calories: 206 | Protein: 10g | Carbohydrates: 22g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 371mg | Fiber: 1g | PCF Ratio: 20-44-35 | Exchange Approx.: 1 Carbohydrate/Starch, 1 Lean Meat, ½ Fat, ½ Skim Milk
Smoked meats impart a strong, pleasant flavor to dishes, so you can use less meat to achieve a rich taste.