Roasted Beet Salad
If you haven't had a beet in years, it is time to try again. This is a good dish to reintroduce you to beets.
- 2 medium beets
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, washed
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons toasted walnut pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Wrap the beets in foil and place in the oven for about 1 hour or until a knife inserted into the deepest part comes out with no resistance.
When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel off the skin with your hands or a paper towel and chop the beets into 1-inch pieces.
While still warm, toss the beets with the remaining ingredients and serve at any temperature.