Fragrant Basil Pasta
Serve this dish using long, spaghetti-type pasta. Any good pasta will do. Do not attempt this pasta with dry basil; it will not come out right.
- ½ pound long pasta
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cleaned and chiffonade basil leaves
- 1 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook the pasta according to package directions.
In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil with the garlic until the garlic begins to turn golden. Immediately dump the garlic into a bowl large enough to handle all the ingredients.
Drain the pasta and add it to the bowl along with all the remaining ingredients. Toss well and serve immediately.