Cold Pasta with Butter Beans and Tuna
A great summer treat, this combination is a snap to prepare and truly satisfies.
- 3 cups any cooked pasta, cooled
- 1 can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can good-quality tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and serve. That's it!
There are many kinds of canned tuna in the market these days. Look for albacore tuna that is “dolphin safe.” Solid tuna packed in water or olive oil works well for this dish. Tuna from Italy packed in extra-virgin olive oil is also a great choice for this dish. If using this type, do not drain the tuna, and cut back on the oil in the recipe.