These skewers also make great appetizers. Prepare them the evening before if you like, then grill or broil just before serving.
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dry white sherry
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 (1″) piece fresh ginger, crushed
- 1½pounds boneless beef sirloin, cut into ⅛″ slices
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 6 cups julienned Boston lettuce
- ¼ cup of your favorite vinaigrette
- ½ cup chopped red onion
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a shallow casserole dish; mix to combine. Add the beef to the dish and thoroughly coat all the pieces with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate 1–2 hours or overnight.
Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill to high. Make sure the grill grate is clean and lightly oiled to prevent sticking.
Thread the marinated meat onto wooden skewers that have been soaked in water. Cook the skewers 1– 2 minutes on each side until the desired temperature is achieved.
Serve the hot skewers on a bed of the Boston lettuce topped with the vinaigrette and garnished with the red onions.
Calories: 430 | Carbohydrates: 8g | Fat: 32g | Sodium: 1070mg | Fiber: <1g