This is a great way to get kids to eat spinach!
- 16 taco chips
- 1 cup grated Cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) bag baby spinach, shredded (or more if you desire)
- 2 sweet red roasted peppers, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- ½ cup sour cream (You can also substitute low-fat sour cream for regular sour cream.)
Arrange the taco chips on 4 broiler-proof serving plates. Sprinkle with cheese; place under broiler until the cheese melts.
Top taco chips with spinach, peppers, and onion.
Serve with salsa and sour cream on the side.
Calories: 290 | Carbohydrates: 26g | Fat: 17g | Sodium: 730mg | Fiber: 6g
Kid's Meal from Start to Finish
Food seems to magically taste great when kids take an active role in the preparation. A simple meal like this one can involve your child from the start. Let them make the shopping list, help with the shopping, and then prepare the food. Healthy and educational!