- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus ½ teaspoon baking powder, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons gluten-free, casein-free margarine
- 1 cup gluten-free, casein-free soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla
- ½ cup applesauce
Oil a standard muffin pan.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, xanthan gum, sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, and salt.
In a small saucepan, combine margarine and soy milk over medium heat.
Stir until margarine is melted.
Stir vinegar and vanilla into soy milk mixture.
In a small bowl, combine applesauce with ½ teaspoon baking powder.
Mix applesauce mixture into soy milk mixture.
Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients. Stir just until mixed.
Bake 15–18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
MAKES 12 CUPCAKES
Calories: 219 | Fat: 8 g | Protein: 2 g | Fiber: 2 g