Scalloped Eggs and Bacon for Dogs Recipe
If you do not eat pork, turkey bacon is a great substitute. With less fat and more meat per slice, it is a healthy choice to make for everyone in your family.
YIELDS ► 2 servings
SERVING SIZE ► ½ cup
RECOMMENDED FOR ► Wheat- and gluten-free, Quick and easy
- 1 hard-boiled organic egg
- 1 tablespoon, preferably Applegate Farms Sunday bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon frozen peas, rinsed under hot water
- 1 tablespoon natural Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons organic chicken broth, cold
Use a fork to mash the egg as if preparing egg salad. Toss with the bacon, peas, and grated cheese.
Place the mixture into a buttered ramekin, and cover it loosely with a piece of waxed paper. Cook it in the microwave for 30 seconds at medium heat or until the cheese is melted.
Add the cooked egg mixture to your dog's bowl. Break the egg apart with a fork, and add the chicken broth to help cool the mixture.