Follow these instructions to create a beautiful gingerbread house.
1. Prepare the base for your house by covering a piece of plywood with aluminum foil.
2. Glue the front of the house and the two sides together first. Working with the front and one side, run a bead of royal icing down the edge of both pieces. Press together and hold for a minute or so. Repeat with the other side. Now, run a bead of icing down each side of the back and press onto the house. Allow to dry for an hour.
3. Using the same technique, put the roof on the house. Allow to dry completely.
4. Use royal icing to apply candies of all sorts to decorate your house.
5. When your house is finished, allow it to sit undisturbed for an hour or so to give the icing time to dry.