Snack mix is a standard appetizer at most parties that is fast and easy to make. Prepare it a day in advance and store in a zippered plastic bag to save some time the day of an event.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 12
- 6 cups corn and rice cereal (Crispix)
- 3 cups wheat cereal squares (Chex)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup honey-roasted cashews
- 1 cup mini pretzel sticks or twists
Preheat oven to 250ºF. Combine cereals, peanuts, cashews, and pretzels in a large roasting pan.
In a small bowl, combine melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and seasoned salt.
Drizzle the butter mixture over the cereal mixture and toss to distribute.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Stir. Continue baking for 45 more minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, so that total cooking time is 1 hour.
Remove from oven. Spread mix out on cookie sheets and let cool.