Chard and Spinach Goat Cheese Puff
This is a wonderful blend of cow's- and goat's-milk cheeses, chard, and spinach. Try it with other combinations of cheese and vegetables.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6
- 1 small bunch fresh Swiss chard, chopped into 1 inch squares
- 1 small bunch fresh spinach, chopped into 1-inch squares
- 1 cup fresh goat cheese
- 1 cup aged Asiago, grated
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup soft breadcrumbs
Heat oven to 350°F.
In a small saucepan and steamer, steam Swiss chard and spinach until just wilted.
In a medium-size bowl, combine goat cheese, aged Asiago, and eggs, and gently stir. Add dill, salt, steamed Swiss chard, and spinach.
Pour contents of bowl into a 1½quart oiled baking dish. Bake in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan on low heat, add breadcrumbs, and toss. Remove from heat.
Sprinkle breadcrumbs over casserole, then bake 15 minutes longer. Serve immediately.