Pressed Blue Cheese and Chicken Sandwich
Try this with Shropshire Blue cheese and roast beef, or smoked turkey with Roaring Forties Blue cheese.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, roasted
- 8 slices of good rye bread
- 2 tablespoons good-quality mayonnaise
- ½ cup sharp, creamy blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
Preheat a panini sandwich press.
Slice the roasted chicken breasts in thin strips.
Spread mayonnaise on inside of four slices of rye bread. Top with chicken slices, crumbled blue cheese, sliced red onion, arugula, and remaining slices of bread.
Carefully slide the sandwiches onto the hot press and toast for 2 to 5 minutes until golden brown and gooey. Serve immediately.