Caprese Salad with Kalamata Olives and Tuna
This makes a fantastic summer dinner. Serve it with a baguette and a bottle of Chianti or rose, and you'll be transported to the Italian countryside.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 medium, fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 4 balls of fresh mozzarella (about ¼ pound each), chopped
- 4 ounces tuna packed in olive oil
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 8 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 6 tablespoons good-quality virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Break lettuce leaves into large pieces and arrange on individual plates.
Combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to evenly coat with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Divide evenly on lettuce-lined plates and serve.