Vegetable Lover’s Lasagna (Freezing)
This is a great recipe for the cheese lovers in your family. You can certainly add meat if you wish, but it’s very rich without. Note that you can simply freeze large slabs of this lasagna rather than single servings if you prefer.
INGREDIENTS | MAKES 12 SERVINGS
- 1 20-ounce bag mixed blanched vegetables
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup fresh diced basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 16-ounce can tomato or spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 12-ounce container ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 cups mixed shredded Italian cheeses
- 1 12-ounce package lasagna noodles, cooked
- 3 cups Alfredo sauce (optional)
Cook the mixed blanched vegetables and set aside.
Saute the onion, garlic, and basil in olive oil.
Mix the spices with the vegetables, tossing to coat evenly.
Blend ricotta, eggs, and Italian cheeses.
Line the bottom of a 9" × 13" pan with aluminum foil. Cover with a layer of tomato or spaghetti sauce.
Put down one layer of noodles, followed by vegetables, ricotta blend, and Alfredo sauce. Repeat the layering until you fill the pan.
Cover and place in the freezer until it’s solid enough to cut into 12 pieces.
Slice and double-wrap each piece in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and put into a food-storage bag for single servings.
To warm, remove from the wrappings and place in an ovenproof pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 °F for about 30 minutes for a single piece. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes to finish.