Vegetable Chips (Drying)
This makes a healthy snack that has a long shelf life and can also double as the base for a vegetable soup or stew.
INGREDIENTS | MAKES ABOUT 10 CUPS
- 2 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 large radishes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 thick carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 thick parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Blanch vegetables for 1 minute; drain.
Toss slices with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and any other spices you like.
Sort in layers by vegetable type and transfer to a dehydrator, using the temperature setting recommended by the manufacturer. Dry about 6 hours, until crispy.
Store in airtight container.