Asparagus Appetizer (Canning)
When you serve this, try it on a bed of baby greens, drizzled with some fresh oil and vinegar and topped with crumbled feta. It’s tasty warm or cold.
INGREDIENTS | MAKES 1 QUART
- 1 ½ cups diced white asparagus
- 1 ½ cups diced green asparagus
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- zest of ¼ lemon, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon canning salt
- 1 bundle scallions, chopped
- ¼ pound lean ham, cut into tiny bits
- boiling water to cover
Rinse, dice, and mix asparagus. Pack into jars with 1" headspace.
Mix remaining ingredients together in a pan; gently warm. Spoon into jars evenly; cover everything with boiling water, making sure to leave 1" headspace.
Process in pressure canner 40 minutes at 10 pounds of pressure for quarts.