South of the Border Beef Marinade
This meat is especially yummy for grilled steak or any meat going into tortillas, taquitos, or burritos. Don’t forget a side of refried beans!
INGREDIENTS | MAKES 2 CUPS
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup tequila
- 7 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Mix all the ingredients together in a saucepan.
Warm over low flame until the mix reaches a gentle boil.
Cool and move to freezer-safe containers. Use within 8 months.