Spaghetti Herb Mix
Use ½ cup dry mix for every 1 pound ground meat in your spaghetti sauce.
INGREDIENTS | MAKES 3 CUPS
- 2 cups dry minced onion
- 3 tablespoons Italian oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried green pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons sea salt (optional)
- 4 tablespoons dry parsley
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons marjoram
Mix all spices together in a blender or food processor. Store in an airtight container.
Spaghetti: The Food of Love
Nearly all the herbs in spaghetti sauce were once regarded as “love” herbs and they often showed up in love potions. Basil was once given as a token of love, marjoram was part of wedding rituals (to inspire joy and strengthen emotions), and rosemary was burned to inspire love and friendship.