Herb and Spice Blends
These specific herb and spice blends complement their respective meats perfectly.
INGREDIENTS | MAKES 1/3 CUP OF EACH BLEND
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons crumbled bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons freeze-dried chives
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried lemon rind
- 1 ½ tablespoons dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor; whirl until fine.
Store in a jar with an airtight cover.
Mix and Match
These herb and spice blends are designed to bring out the flavors of specific meats or vegetables. However, you can try adding a little of your own favorite herbs or spices to the mixes to suit your tastes. You can also try using the beef blend with chicken or the fish blend with vegetables.