Cream of Mushroom Soup Mix
Canned soups are high in sodium, but this cream of mushroom soup mix packs just as much flavor.
INGREDIENTS | MAKES ABOUT 5 CUPS MIX
- 2 cups home-dried mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons home-dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon home-dried grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups powdered milk
Blend dry ingredients together, then evenly divide into five boxes, bags, or jars. Affix the following instructions.
Place 1 cup soup mix into 1 pint of boiling water, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened. Cover and cook over very low heat 20 to 30 minutes.