Raspberry Salsa (Canning)
This fruity salsa works for snacking and as a topping for meat.
INGREDIENTS | MAKES 7 HALF PINTS
- 6 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 ¼ cups red onion, chopped
- 4 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, loosely packed and finely chopped
- Juice and grated zest of 2 limes
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Put half the raspberries in a large stockpot and mash lightly. Add the remaining raspberries and the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Boil gently for 5 minutes.
Ladle into sterilized jars, leaving ¼" headspace. Wipe rims. Cap and seal. Process in water-bath canner for 15 minutes.