Mexican Chili Pie
Craving a little something spicy for supper? This dish combines sweet cornbread, spicy chili, and creamy cheese in one simple casserole.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6
- 1 1.25-ounce package McCormick Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 14 ½-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15-ounce can kidney or pinto beans, undrained
- 1 9-ounce box yellow cake mix
- 1 9-ounce package cornbread mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9″ × 13″ baking dish.
Combine chili seasoning mix, ground meat, tomatoes, and beans and cook according to directions on envelope.
While chili simmers, mix cake mix, cornbread mix, eggs, milk, and water in a separate bowl.
Pour chili into a 9″ × 13″ baking dish. Top with cornbread mixture and sprinkle liberally with Cheddar cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden.