Pesach Banana Cake for Passover
This recipe is used with permission from Torahwomen.com. It's one of their favorite Passover recipes.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6–8
- 1 12-ounce box Manischewitz yellow cake mix
- ¼ cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed or puréed ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Kosher for Passover confectioners' sugar for garnish (optional)
- Whipped cream (dairy meal) for garnish (optional)
- Nondairy whipped topping (meat meal) for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8″ or 9″ square or round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Beat together all ingredients except the chocolate chips and optional ingredients for 1–2 minutes until smooth.
Pour into prepared cake pan and sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Bake until cake springs back when gently pressed, about 25–35 minutes.
Remove from oven and leave cake in pan to cool for 15 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut cake into slices. Serve each piece with a dollop of whipped cream or nondairy whipped topping if desired.