Mud Pie Cupcakes
Decorations hold up better if the icing has a few minutes to set. To make sure gummy worms — and other decorations — stay in place, let icing rest for 10 minutes before serving.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 24
- 1 18.25-ounce box chocolate cake mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 16-ounce tub chocolate frosting
- 2 cups crumbled chocolate sandwich cookies
- Chocolate syrup for garnish
- 1 8-ounce package gummy worms
Prepare and bake cupcakes according to cake mix instructions.
Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting. Top frosting with cookie crumbles and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Halve gummy worms. Place each cut edge in frosting to create the illusion of a worm slithering in mud.