Roasted Asparagus with Mixed Summer Squashes and Peppers
Don’t skip this warm-weather dish if you cannot find the mini sweet peppers; simply substitute red, yellow, or green bell peppers.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound asparagus, stem ends trimmed
- 1 pound mixed summer squashes, thinly sliced
- 1 pound mini sweet peppers, stemmed and sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 to 3 hot peppers, or to taste, chopped
- Seasoning salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic together and set aside.
Place the vegetables into a large roasting pan, mixing them together so the flavors will mingle.
Pour the olive oil mixture over top, lifting and gently mixing the vegetables so they are all coated with oil.
Sprinkle the vegetables with seasoning salt.
Roast the vegetables uncovered for about 45 minutes or until they begin to darken; stir occasionally. Serve hot.