Ultra Chocolate-Mint Tart
For a totally different take on the filling, use a soy cream cheese instead of the regular one. Whichever you use, this tastes like a ritzy cheesecake.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate squares
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup unsifted confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 9-inch ready-made chocolate cookie crumb crust
- ½ cup mint-chocolate bits
- Confectioners’ sugar for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Combine the vegetable oil and the chocolate squares in the top of a double boiler and melt the chocolate over just-simmering water. Set aside to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the cocoa, brandy, and melted chocolate.
Spoon the mixture into the shell. Sprinkle the top with the mint-chocolate bits.
Bake the tart for about 1 hour or until the center is firm. Remove from the oven and cool.
Before serving, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.