Asian Cabbage Stew with Tofu Puffs
To underscore this stew’s Asian character, you could garnish it with crushed chow mein noodles and a handful of the Japanese snack food, wasabi-coated peas.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 head napa cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped
- 2 heads baby bok choy, rinsed and leaves separated
- 1 quart vegetable or mushroom broth
- 1 (4-ounce) package tofu puffs
- Soy sauce to taste
- Vietnamese chili-garlic sauce to taste
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté the garlic.
Add the napa cabbage and the bok choy and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the vegetable broth, tofu puffs, soy sauce, and chili-garlic sauce. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the cabbage is softened.