Stuffed Filet Mignon
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1½ cups chopped mushrooms
- ¾ cup melted butter or olive oil
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 very thick filet mignons
- 8 wooden toothpicks, soaked for 1 hour in water
Sauté the garlic, shallots, and mushrooms in the butter or oil over low heat for 10 minutes.
Add the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, parsley, and red pepper flakes.
Cut slits in the side of each filet. Divide the stuffing among the filets and press into the “pockets.” (At this point, you can refrigerate for up to 8 hours.)
Prepare the grill to medium-high.
Grill the filets for 5 minutes per side, then let them rest. Sauce and serve.