Sirloin, Round, and Chuck Burger
From Theme: Celebrity-Style Baby Showers: Under Construction
Makes 8 Burgers
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 pound ground chuck steak (not overly lean)
- 1 pound ground round
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite steak sauce or Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 slices tomato and/or sweet onion for garnish
- Ketchup, mustard, and pickle relish to taste
Mix the three types of ground meat together, tossing lightly with steak sauce, salt, and pepper. Don't be heavy-handed here.
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Form burgers without too much patting and squeezing; this keeps them juicy.
Grill burgers over medium heat until they are nicely browned on the outside and pink on the inside, about 5 minutes per side. Timing depends on how thick the burgers are and how done you like them. Don't press the juice out with a spatula while cooking unless you like dry burgers.
Serve on hamburger buns, hard rolls, Portuguese rolls, or Tuscan bread with the toppings of your choice. Garnish with tomatoes and sweet onions.