Chicken with Rice
From Theme: e-Showers: The “Lap-Top” Shower Visit
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 3 cups white long-grain rice, uncooked
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup chopped green olives
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
Brown chicken in oil in a large pot. Remove chicken and set aside.
Add onion, peppers, garlic, and turmeric to the pot, and sauté until onions are translucent.
Add rice and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken broth, browned chicken, olives, and bay leaves. Stir to combine, bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat, and cover pot with a lid.
Simmer 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
Remove bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper.