Brownie Bar with Candy-Bar Toppings
From Theme: Celebrity-Style Baby Showers: Under Construction
Makes 16 squares
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 large bag of mini candy bars or 6 to 8 regular-sized bars, chopped coarsely
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9″ × 13″ baking dish.
Mix together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
Beat the eggs into the butter mixture, then stir in the vanilla and water.
In a separate bowl, combine the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Add this dry mixture to the wet mixture; stir to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips. Scrape the batter into the prepared baking dish, and smooth out the top of the batter.
Bake brownies for 30 minutes. Cool slightly in pan, top with chopped candy bars and cut into sixteen squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.