Bright Chili Beans
From Theme: Celebrity-Style Baby Showers: Under Construction
Makes 2 Cups
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 red onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, cored and seeded
- 1 sweet red pepper, roasted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 (13-ounce) can red kidney beans or black beans
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 6 ounces beer
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, onions, and peppers. Cook, stirring to soften the vegetables, 5 to 7 minutes.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours. If it's too soupy, uncover and let the liquid cook out. Use as a topping for burgers.