Vegetable Pita with Feta Cheese
Let your imagination go wild with seasonal veggies. This simple-to-prepare pita delight is delicious and good for you, too.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 6
- 1 eggplant, sliced into ½-inch pieces, lengthwise
- 1 zucchini, sliced into ½-inch pieces, lengthwise
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into ⅓-inch rings
- 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 6 whole-wheat pita bread
- 3 ounces feta cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Brush the sliced vegetables with oil and place on a racked baking sheet. Sprinkle with black pepper. Roast until tender. (The vegetables can be prepared the night before and put in the refrigerator; reheat or bring to room temperature before roasting.)
Slice a 3-inch opening in the pitas to gain access to the pockets. Toast the pitas if desired.
Fill the pitas with the cooked vegetables. Add cheese to each and serve.
PER SERVING: Calories: 238 | Fat: 7 g | Protein: 8 g | Sodium: 360 mg | Fiber: 6.5 g | Carbohydrate: 36 g