Meatless Meatball and Bean Tortellini
For a splash of color, add some chopped-up oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes to taste. Additionally, you can boost flavors with a garnish of capers and pitted niçoise olives.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh tortellini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (9-ounce) package soy “meatballs”
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14½-ounce) can roasted tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cook the tortellini according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté the garlic and the “meatballs” for 4 to 5 minutes.
Add the cannellini and tomatoes and continue cooking until the mixture is heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the tortellini, stirring to combine, and serve.
PER SERVING: Calories: 571 | Fat: 20 g | Protein: 29 g | Sodium: 863 mg | Fiber: 9 g | Carbohydrate: 70 g