Cellophane "Chicken" Noodle Salad
In the traditional Thai version of this salad, cooks use fish sauce instead of soy sauce and use ground pork, shrimp, and/or chicken for the meat.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 4
- 4 ounces cellophane, or bean thread, noodles, softened in hot water for 20 minutes
- 1 (6-ounce) package soy “chicken” strips, optional
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 to 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pickled garlic, chopped
Drain the soaked and softened noodles and cut them into serving pieces.
Put the noodles, “chicken” strips if using, scallions, cilantro leaves, and crushed red pepper into a serving bowl.
Mix together the lime juice, soy sauce, and pickled garlic and toss with the salad ingredients.
PER SERVING: Calories: 114 | Fat: 0 g | Protein: 1.5 g | Sodium: 465 mg | Fiber: 0.5 g | Carbohydrate: 27 g