A Super-Hero Wrap-Up
This is such a versatile carry-all for nutrients that you can switch filling ingredients around to suit your palate. While the filling ingredients are only suggestions, try to stick to the amounts suggested, or the wrap may spill out all the goodies.
INGREDIENTS | SERVES 1
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, or to taste
- 3 ounces soy “chicken” strips
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (10-inch) whole-wheat wrap
- 3 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt, preferably the thick Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
- ½ cup julienned cucumber
- ½ cup julienned red pepper
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the garlic, “chicken” strips, and red onion for 3 to 4 minutes or until the onion wilts slightly. Set aside to cool.
Heat the wrap for 30 to 40 seconds per side in a nonstick skillet or according to package directions. Set aside.
Toss the “chicken” mixture with the yogurt, dill weed, cucumber, and red pepper.
Spread the wrap out flat and top with this mixture. Roll up as desired.
PER SERVING: Calories: 430 | Fat: 21 g | Protein: 21 g | Sodium: 603 mg | Fiber: 7.5 g | Carbohydrate: 39 g